Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to Basics: Day One


So today is Day One of my re-commitment to myself and my health and weight loss journey and its starting great.  I went for a 2 mile walk/run in the rain!  Now this may not sound that big to some people but if you live in So. Cal you’re not really used to weather so whenever the weather isn’t perfect I tend to skip outside exercise but today I made myself go even though it looked like rain.  About 1/3 of the way through it actually started to rain but instead of turning back home I finished my entire planned 2 miles and it felt great!

Feeling Good!


Now the second picture I made my mom take so I could accurately see what my body looks like after I let my eating habits and emotional eating get the best of me.  I have no idea why I have such a weird look on my face though! lol


And the not so good part....the weigh in.  About 3 1/2 weeks ago I was down to 173.5 and todays weigh in puts me at 182.5...thats right up 9 pounds (but to be honest it feels like even more!)  I'm trying not to get down but see it as a challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the rainy run! :-)

    Great attitude about the gain. It will be a challenge, but one that you can handle. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's difficult but sometimes the mental aspect is the hardest to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting in that exercise even in the rain, that's my hardest thing right now. I go to school, come home to study all night then I work. I have no more time to get in a good workout anymore I miss my 3 mile daily walks they were fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay!!! i saw your board posts about struggling. you did great. 9 pounds isn't too bad - try the 22 i'm dealing with lol. keep it up

    ReplyDelete