Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Juicing = Lots of Juice!

So the Juicing has not been every day but it has been pretty regular.  Today we juiced a lot of fruits and vegetables! (our kitchen is currently over flowing...the one down side to juicing is you need a lot of fruits and vegetables which is not necessarily bad but when you have a small kitchen and small fridge but try to stock up when stuff is on sale it goes everywhere. lol)

Anyway, here is what we juiced today, along with the scraps.  I wish we had a compost!


In total we juiced 8 small carrots, 6 apples, 1 large pear, about 3 cups of watermelon, one massive cucumber, one kiwi, two small oranges, and one grapefruit.


As you can see, though it was a lot of fruit and vegetables, it also produced a lot of juice.  About 72 ounces to be exact.



The large pitcher is 32 ounces of a mix of watermelon, pear, apple, cucumber, kiwi, orange, grapefruit  and carrot juice.

The next contains 12 ounces of pure watermelon juice (so yummy!).

For my lovely fiancé 16 ounces of pure apple juice.

Then we have 16 ounces of watermelon, cucumber, apple, grapefruit, orange and pear juice.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On a seperate note, I've seen a lot of blogs where people post pictures of all their food.  for the longest time I didnt understand it.  I'm interested in food and other people's eating habits so I thought it was kinda interesting to see how other people eat, but I didn't understand it since it seemed so time consuming but I think I finally understand; its about sharing and personal consciousness.

I've been journaling my food intake on and off (mostly online) for 6 years now.  I keep track but it doesn't really affect how I eat I just say "oops" when I eat too much.  So it occurred to me that photo food blogging is about being more conscious of what I eat and how much (and most especially how often!) I eat.  It would make me stop and think about what I'm eating and why if I have to take a picture first and know people will see it.

So I've started today (which will probably get posted late tonight or tomorrow morning).  It probably wont be an every single day post since I dont have time, but I'm going to try and keep up with it and hopefully someone else will be interested too!

No comments:

Post a Comment