Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oatmeal Add In

I love oatmeal but it doesnt always hold me over.  I've found that Quaker's Weight Control is my favorite because of its combination of extra protein and fiber.  Today I tried something a little different; I added half a scoop of vanilla protein powder to my oatmeal (and a little extra water) and it was delicious!  Consistency wise it was hardly noticeable and the vanilla bean flavor of the protein powder was yummy.  Definitely something someone else might want to try if you like oatmeal but need more protein.


Other great add ins for oatmeal (instant or from scratch) include:
  • canned pumpkin
  • ground flax seed
  • wheat bran
  • cinnamon
  • cocoa powder and splenda
  • raw nuts and/or dried fruit

Whats your favorite thing to add to oatmeal?

2 comments: