Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Day in the Life Of - Food

So here is day one of "A Day in the Life Of My Food".  I pretty much always eat breakfast but for some reason (probably too many cupcakes before bed, oops) I wasn't hungry so I only had coffee this morning.

My day always starts the same: two large cups of coffee with a little bit of half and half, fat free milk and foam.
I drank some of this mid-morning in the hops of combating some of my unhealthy eating lately.
By lunch I was starving so I had some blueberries, half and apple and a turkey sandwich on a bagel thin.

This was my afternoon snack. I love apples and I love these fiber bars!
It doesnt look too good here but I caved and ate half a plain cupcake too.
Dinner was a lean turkey burger on another bagel thin and baked french fries (I didnt eat all those though, they were shared I had about half).
I also had a salad with light feta, cucumber and light balsamic dressing.
I didnt get a picture of how much I ate since I broke my rule and ate out of the bag (OOPS) but I think I ate about 1 and 1/2 servings.  These are to die for by the way!
I also had one biscotti (not the whole box! lol) These are really delicious and satisfying.



Overall this made me more aware of how often, far too often, I have the urge to just snack or take just a bite or two of something until I realized I couldnt take a picture.  Looking back at these photos is interesting too because I wouldn't have realized how many carbs I ate today.

Today was not totally typical of a normal day for me but it was still interesting and enlightening.  i definitely went a little heavy on the carbs today and light on the fruits and veggies so I'm going to try and change that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I should do something like this. Inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete