Friday, February 25, 2011

The Grass Isn't Always Greener On The Other Side

Yesterday I had a moment that really made me stop and think "wow"

I don't think I'm the only one whose ever looked at someone who appears very thin and healthy eating junk food an envied that they can eat that and still be so thin.  I admit I make that judgement and sometimes feel like as much as I love healthy food it doesnt seem fair.

Well I had a real wake up call.  There's a girl in one of my classes who week after week I notice eating candy and junk in class and she's very thin.  Ironicly just last week I thought to myself "It's kind of not fair".  Last night in class I took out my dinner and this same girl leans over to me and says "I am so jealous of the way you eat.  Every single week I see you come in with that healthy food and it looks so good.  I eat so bad all I eat is junk and its going to catch up with me so bad one day.  i'm so jealous of how you eat I wish I could eat like that."

I just sat there and it hit me - you truly never know the struggles someone else with food (or life).  all you can do is be sure of yourself.

Then the lady behind her leaned over and told me how adorable my food was and I smiled and realized that I'm taking care of myself and what other people eat and do doesnt matter.

My yummy little dinner eaten while in class last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment