Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dinner is Served!

Something I've learned about myself (and I'm sure others are the same way) is that the more effort I put into my foods the less I'm likely to eat.  If its junk food straight out of a box or bag I eat way too much.  When its a carefully prepared sandwhich or a beautiful plate of fruit I'm lesslikely to go back for seconds and thirds.  Something about the presentation and know I'm eating quality ingredients makes me more aware of what I'm eating.

In the midst of my recent surge of food related struggles I've made a commitment to try and make better meals for myself.  So today I have to be in class from 4-10pm which means I have to make dinner and eat it inclass so I made myself an adorable little bento style lunch (along with a not pictured mug of vegetable soup I cooked yesterday).  Cheers to cute food!

Fresh strawberries, blueberries, cut up carrots and turkey and lettuce on a whole grain flax wrap.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment