Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Soup - Ole!

So I apologize for not posting recently.  I've been plannning my wedding, working on my last semester of college and I got a new puppy so the craziness of life and stress has led to me having less free time and gaining back quite a bit of weight but I'm re-commiting myself to taking care of my health first and foremost.

Today's lunch was soup, which was so delicious.  I made a batch of vegetable soup with chicken broth, onion, celery, cabbage and frozen mixed vegetables a few days ago but it was a little blah.  It also lacked protein so I knew it needed something to make it a full meal.

So I heated the soup, added some diced chicken breast and then topped with fresh cilantro and lemon juice and it was fantastic!  So fresh tasting and light.  I definitely recommend trying it with your own soup!






It's a great idea to make a plain veggie base, and then throughout the weak you can add protein in the form of chicken or beans and then add toppings like cilantro and lemon juice or Parmesan cheese.  Just a few toppings and add in will make it seem like a new bowl of soup every time!

2 comments:

  1. Man that looks so good I wish I had time to make soup but with class and work I don't even have time to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good! I admit that I'm still not making all the best choices, but its a process. Being busy and stressed always makes it harder too1

    ReplyDelete