Thursday, March 17, 2011

Photo Journaling - Day 1

So today is day one of brutal honesty with myself.

I know emotional eating and binge eating are not simply will power, but I also know I'm the only one with the power to overcome them.  So I plan on photo blogging my daily food, hopefully to inspire someone else (or just interest them) and keep myself accountable.

I ate more than I want to admit yesterday and wasnt hungry first thing so breakfast was 2 cups of coffee with lots of fat free milk.


A little while later was a cup of detox tea.  Not the best tasting stuff but after the last few months I needed it!


Lunch was a hearty bowl of soup, same as yesterday.  My home made veggie soup with diced leftover chicken, fresh lemon juice and fresh cilantro!  So incredibly good.




I had a snack on the drive to school, a large Fuji apple.  My favorite!



Thursday are class from 4-6:45 so this was my mid class snack; a small tangerine and some turkey lunch meat for protein.  I used one of my favorite little bento containers I got for Christmas.



After that class I have class from 7-9:45 so dinner is always eaten right before or in the beginning of class so I pack finger type foods.  I had a light string cheese, diced chicken breast, finely sliced carrot, a small tangerine and a little bit of blueberries and pear.


Then the rest of my food.  I had this delicious bag of mixed dried fruit for dessert after dinner.  Then when I got out of class I had another light string cheese and apple around 10 for my snack.



All in all today was great!  I did really good packing my meal and snacks.  I also started my day with a 55 minute walk/run (about 3 miles).  Day one down, which will tomorrow hopefully all the easier.

Also,for accountability purposes my weight this morning was 189.2 which was really hard to look at but I can get it back down if I dont give in.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I know how wonderful that "first day back on track" feeling is! :-) Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    It was a lot tougher today. I didnt manage to get photos of everything and I definitely ate WAY too much, but I did track it all which is a big improvement for me usually I say screw it and eat anything but I decided that eve though I didnt do great I would still be accountable.

    ReplyDelete