Thursday, April 7, 2011

Product Review: Corazonas Oatmeal Squares

I will be the first to admit I'm a bar addict.  I adore all things that resemble cookies or bars, protein bars, granola bars, etc...  I will also be the first to admit that those types of products are NOT all created equal.  I've had more than my fair share of bland and tasteless bars.

But when I tried the Corazonas Oatmeal Squares I knew I just had to share.  They come in a variety of flavors including chocolate brownie & almonds, chocolate chip, cranberry flax, banana walnut and peanut butter.  I was lucky enough to try all the flavors at costco recently and have to say they were all incredibly delicious.



My top favorites are the cranberry flax and the chocolate chip, though it was definitely hard to pick favorites.  They're reminiscent of a very dense chewy cookie but not too sweet.  They're also quite substantial in size for the calories and would make a great meal replacement pared with some fruit or protein or even just a quick snack.

The nutritional stats vary slightly but just to give you an idea they all have under 200 calories, 5-6 grams of both protein and fiber and a bunch of vitamins and minerals to get you off to a great start.  They boast 0.8 grams of plant sterols to help lower bad cholesterol, no high fructose corn syrup, low in sodium, all natural and contain 13 grams of whole grains.

If you love oatmeal, granola bars, oatmeal cookies or anything similar then these are an absolutely must!

2 comments:

  1. The cranberry flax one has 28 carbs and 14 grams of sugar as well as 6 grams of fiber which seems quite reasonable to me. I guess it depends on low sugar you're looking for but I think they're fairly low. The banana and flax aren't too sweet, whereas if you're trying to cover a sweet fix the brownie or chocolate chip are delicious!

    ReplyDelete