Saturday, December 18, 2010

Spotlight - Cherimoya

One big part of eating healthy (and enjoying every moment!) is to keep things new and interesting,and of course appealing.

So I wanted to spotlight a tasty fruit which may be an old favorite or something completely new.

The Cherimoya.


What's that you're thinking; Cherimoya is real?  Maybe you're like me, a girl who a few months ago thought that Life Water's Cherimoya punch flavored water was a made up flavor.  Then my world was rocked when I discovered it was real!  As a fruit lover I was surprised to find a fruit that I'd never even heard of.

The Cherimoya is a subtropical fruit which grows on trees (though not just in subtropical locations, my fiance's family has a tree at their home).  The fruit is lumpy and soft on the outside and is usually picked hard.  In order to eat it, you have to wait until its very soft to the touch.

The Cherimoya has a sweet, light and almost tropical flavor.  Once it's ripe you can simply split it open by hand and eat the flesh of the fruit, just remember not to eat the seeds or the skin!  The consistency is a bit strange at first if you've never had it, but the flavor is unlike any other fruit.  Definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment