Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Before and After

I made a post last week about from 8 year weight loss to maintenance to weight loss journey.  It's been difficult, enlightening, exciting and overwhelming all at once.  It has also been a long time since I was 300 pounds.  Sometimes I genuinely think I forget I was ever that heavy and focus on the 10-20 pounds I'd still like to lose.

Last night I realized that completely accepting who I was and where I started is empowering.  I used an online photo editing service to create a before and after photo of myself and I told myself I was going to share it.  So here I am.

Age 15 - Age 24
It's like everything in life, you have to look at how far you've come not how far you have left to go.  Be proud of the journey.  Sharing this photo for me is about accepting who I was, but even more who I am now.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you look so great! You look so slim and lean, like you were never heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, and you look sooo much younger in the slimmer pic! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete