Sunday, November 21, 2010

Product Review - Deep Chocolate Vitatops

I've been hearing good things about Vitamuffin brand Vitatops for a long time, but could never afford to order them online.  The Targets near me recently started carrying them and I decided to finally give them a try and boy am I glad I did!


Stats:
100 calories
1.5 grams of fat
9 grams of fiber
4 grams of protein

I've done my fair share of attempting to make low fat baked goods and they're usually ok, but not great.  These do not taste low fat, high fiber or diet in any sense.  They are so rich and chocolately.  Not huge, but definitely a very decent serving for the calories. 

These are also great because they're made without additives or preservatives, which is great for the health conscious.  For this reason they're always sold in the freezer section.  I've paid 3.99 and 4.29 for a box of 4.  Not exactly cheap, but for someone with a huge sweet tooth these are definitely one treat that is worth the extra cost.  another factor that helps me determine their worth is quality of ingredients and unlike some diet sweets (like hostess 100 calories packs which are made with beef fat and other unmentionables) these are made with whole ingredients.

Pair a vitatop (heated in the microwave for twenty seconds) with a cup of sugar free cocoa and you've got a decadent dessert anyone would love!


No comments:

Post a Comment