Monday, November 8, 2010

Product Review: Kefir Ranch

There is just no way I cannot rave about a new product when it is this good!

If you love Ranch you really must try this.  I adore ranch, but had mostly given up because most bottle ranch dressings aren’t as good as home-made and the light versions are never as good.  My fiancé loves ranch though and we’ve started buying it again and I knew I had to find something more calorie friendly for me (the kind he loves is 170 calories for 2 TBS! Ouch!)

So the other day at the store, with coupon in hand we picked up this new Yogurt line of dressings by Lighthouse called Kefir ranch.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with kefir it’s a thick yogurt beverage with tons of probiotics and this dressing even boasts live and active cultures (like you find in kefir and yogurt).  The cincher though was the nutritional stats:

2 Tbs
60 Calories
5 Grams of fat

The really funny thing is the dressing isn’t marked as lowfat or light.  But now what you guys really want to know…how did it taste?  SO GOOD.  I am officially hooked.  It’s got a slightly tangy kick but it’s thick and has all the flavor of full fat ranch.  I am absolutely in love and just had to share it!

3 comments:

  1. I will def. be trying this! I admit I'm a bit of a ranch snob I don't like many brands, but I have been hearing good things about this one from a lot of people so I will give it a try... keeping fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you like it!

    I thought it was delish I couldnt not share! Ihope it sticks around awhile I know sometimes new products come and go but this one is a keeper. I'm dying to try the blue cheese one now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo that sounds good! I used to love ranch but i knew it was bad for me and too much usually upset my stomach. Maybe this will be a little more gentle and it will be less guilt lol
    -Candace

    ReplyDelete