Monday, November 15, 2010

So I'm definitely on a kick with these lunches.  I don't know that you can truly call them Bento yet, but I'm practicing.  I was fairly pleased with the turn out today considering we were running out of everything and I had to scrape together enough stuff for the roll-up and used almost all our vegetables (thus why the symmetry isn't perfect, I didn't have much food options).





The one on the left is my mom's who requested a low-carb lunch so the top has some turkey pepperoni and block olive picks.  Diced pickles and chicken salad.  The bottom has sugar free jello (in the star mold), cauliflower, carrots and bell peppers.

The second is mine...another roll up on top.  Then I've got cauliflower, a few bell pepper strips, baby carrots, pickle skewer, olive and turkey pepperoni skewer and the ugly little container has yogurt kefir ranch.  I'm still on the hunt for a small condiment container so I had to use a tiny jelly jar.  It worked but lacked the cuteness factor.

Then tonight I was bored and wanted to prep a few things.  The other day at the craft store I picked up mini Christmas cookie cutters for my lunch and wanted to try them out.

Here is a plate of "Bento desserts" made out of protein bars.  A few slim fast bars, gluten free brownie bars and gluten free apple bars.  There wasn't too much left over scraps after using the cookie cutters but I ate them so they didn't go to waste! ;)  Each bar yielded about 3 pieces with a small amount of left over edges.


Then I was having so much fun with my little cookie cutters that I decided to use them on flat fruit leathers.  These were much harder to cut so my hands hurt a little but they are so cute!  There are about 3-4 shapes per fruit leather.



No comments:

Post a Comment