Thursday, November 4, 2010

Shop Til You Drop - Halloween Edition

So everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Holidays.  I wait all year for Halloween and Christmas.  Every year when new holuday stuff comes out I admire it all...but I almost never buy anything.  Why?

I hardly buy anything because last year I bought almost everything I could need on clearance.

It's a tradition with my mom and I which we do for all Holidays.  We've been watching the clearance at Target since Halloween and today it 75% off so we got up bright and early and went to 4 Targets today and boy did we get some awesome stuff!  I also got a few things at Party City and Kohls, but the majority was from Target.  I should also mention that this year it was especially important for me to stock up because next October I will be married (and we will hopefully be in our own home) meaning there will be no money for decorations, so I knew I had to get everything I could possibly want on clearance for next Halloween.


Here were all the bags we brought home with us today ready to be sorted!

I don't like scary things, but I sure do love pumpkins!  The majority of what I bought was orange and black with pumpkins, obviously.  The things in the back are wall stickers, then a cute wooden boo sign, several kinds of garland and a cute matching banner and plate.

Here is my idea of spooky stuff! lol  I got a bat dish towel, a neat holographic picture, the blue and pink things are spiders that you untwist, a shiny green wooden spider and a cute little ghost.

I was very excited to find these.  The thing with castle is a huge wall decor, the round thing has pumpkins on it and hangs from the ceiling and the the pumpkin garland in the middle matches.  Then of course one can never have too many cute window clings.
I wanted to get a head start on trick or treaters so I got goodie bags, temporary tattoos and neat little neon stretchy frogs.  I also got two sizes of cupcake liners for holiday baking.
And lastly my few random items - a cute pumpkin re-usable bag, some pretty autumn dish towels, 3 boxes of led lights and a nice pumpkin carving kit since ours busted this year.
Over all it was tons of fun and I bought even more than I thought I would.  Between 4 Targets, Kohls and a party store there was more slection than I had anticipated.  I do now need another storage box to pack it all away until next year though.

So through all this you're probably wondering "But how much did she spend?!"  Well let me tell you.

The total for everything would have been 152.00 plus tax.  With clearance and coupons I paid 30.25!  Man I love bargain shopping and I'm so excited that next year after we're married we'll be able to pull out tons of matching new decor for our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment