Monday, November 1, 2010

New look, New Name and a Great Food Bargain

First, yes there's another new look and new blog title.  I've been struggling to find the right combo of diet and shopping but and I finally came up with this and I'm very happy with it.  Hopefully everyone else likes it too!

Now on to the post.  The only thing I love more than healthy food is FREE healthy food.  My mom and I are big bargain shoppers.  We scout out sales and clearnaces and definitely utilize any and all coupons we can.

Today at Walmart we stumbled across a fantastic deal.  All of these slimfast bars and shakes were marked down to either 1.00 or 1.50 and to make it even better we'd been saving some slimfast coupons for when they went on a good sale.  We had one coupon for 1.50 off and 5 for 1.00 off meaning we got all of these shakes are bars for a whopping .50 cents!



I think nutrition bars get a bad rap for being candy bars in disguise...but in a way I think that's the beauty of them.  They've got some sugar to cure a sweet tooth with a good ratio of fat, protein and carbs.  Then add in the fact that they're usually packed with vitamins and sometimes fiber and they're a great night time snack.  They're also great for people on the go.  Personally I love to keep one in backpack because I can eat them in class quickly and without making noise.  Definitely a great tide me over til real food is available!

3 comments:

  1. I think people do give them a bad rap as well, but I personally will drink the shakes if I'm in a hurry in the morning. They fill me up and have way more nutrition in them then any fast food item I might pick up. I love finding deals like this. We have a double coupon day here at Winn Dixie where they have everything on sale and you can double up on any coupons you have, so we get stuff for amazing deals. I think I even had it one time where they had to give me everything for free! Great Find Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I often take protein shakes to school in the morning because I have to leave an hour early and its too early for food so once I get to class I can drink it. They're good in a pinch!

    Agreed! No one here doubles coupons anymore so its more rare to get stuff totally free but its awesome when it happens!

    ReplyDelete