Friday, November 5, 2010

Pizza Time

I love pizza.  I can't deny it.  I especially love take out pizza.  In the past I've made home-made crust but havent yet found a recipe I love.

Last night I had all the fixings for pizza, minus the crust and wanted to use up what I had and not let anything go to waste.  So I pulled out a whole wheat flatbread (Flatout Multi-grain brand) and topped with tomato sauze, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little italian seasoning.  Then topped it without about 1/2 cup diced bell peppers and 1 1/2 ounces of mozzarella and baked for 10 minutes.


The pizza was delish!  Including the sauce,peppers, cheese and flat bread this pizza cost me 1.00 to make.  Compare that to a frozen pizza or take out and the price savings is obvious.  Plus this taste so fresh and was very nutritous! 

A bargain for your pocket and your waistline!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm so hungry now! lol
    -Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I make these all the time at home!! I started this when I was on my carb diet long before WW, and it's about the only thing from back then that I loved and still make on a reg. basis. I always toast my flatout first though to get it a little crispy before I make the whole thing it's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I should have mentioned that,I toasted mine first! They're so good.

    ReplyDelete